Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dionne - ClinVet Poet


Here is a post-post from the trip to S. Africa. Dionne has been generating poems published in the ClinVet Chronicles (Vol. 27) for some time. A little background on one particular piece. As I walked into the 'dry lab' to begin some experiments one early morning the door was wide open...surprisingly so. With one step into the somewhat dark space I observed with both my eyes and nose a malodorous thing...numerous containers filled with dog poop. The folks in the lab looked for my vocal response because my eyes may have given me away...I was surprised...not missing a beat I took a deep breath and exclaimed...'the smell of money'!. This was a funded research project on a product for eliminating an internal parasite from canines. Dionne responded with this poem, which I assume is his copyright-protected material.


Spring has Sprung--Thank God for Dung!

Spring has sprung, thank God for dung
And the many worms writhing inside.
A brand new spring day has begun,
And I collect crap with humble pride.
Don't mind the smell, forget the stink,
Or rather once you smell it think:
As long as dogs crap and worms live free,
So long do I have work and is ClinVet paying me!

And one more to catch the essence of what ClinVet is about...
Spring has Sprung-an External Vermin Song...

The air is brisk, the air is fresh
Ticks and fleas will try their best
To crawl and bite and breed and infest.
Behold the mouthpart hunger in gluttony,
Envision the crawling of the gravid flea:
As long as bugs doth bite and ticks roam free,
So long shall the renowned authority of ClinVet be....

No comments: