Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Arrived Safely in Bloemfontein

Just a brief note for those following our trip...we arrived safely and on time in Bloem last evening. It is early spring here so the mornings are very cool but the days are bright and warm. We do not expect it to rain while we are here, that is more in Oct-February. I am at Clinvet where Leon has an amazing animal research facility...probably the best in South Africa. Five families live on the property, which I think is about 50 acres. After a brief tour of the facilities I am at work designing experiments on ectoparasites...probably biting lice (Bovicola) and cat fleas. I will include some photos on the next posting as I forgot the cable for my camera. The time difference is six hours. The trip was 21 hours in duration.

Glen

1 comment:

Pamela El-Din said...

Hello Glen,

I am glad to hear you had a safe flight to South Africa. It was so good to see you and the youth workers on your blog in Alabama. It restored my hope for humanity!

I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip on your blog, and in a face to face meeting.

I'll see you at the Sept. 14th meeting.

Take care.

Sincerely,

Pamela El-Din